What is CPNRE™?
Before you can become a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN/LPN) in Canada, you must successfully complete the Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Examination (CPNRE). This national examination measures the competencies required of nurses at the beginning of their nursing career in Ontario.
How many questions are there in the
The CPNRE consists of 165 to 170 objective multiple-choice questions to answer over
Is the exam changing next year?
Yes. On Tuesday, January 4, 2022, a new regulatory exam will be implemented for those applying to practice as an RPN in Ontario. Known as the REx-PN™, applicants will have no limit on the number of times they can write the exam in order to pass.
Each time an applicant fails the REx-PN™, they will have to wait a minimum of 60 days before they can write the exam again (a maximum of six attempts per year).
How many times can I give the test?
You have three chances to successfully complete the
What is the format for the questions in the exam?
During the administration of the REx-PN™, candidates will be required to respond to items in a variety of formats. These formats may include multiple-choice, multiple response, fill-in-the-blank calculation, exhibit, and graphics
Key features of our comprehensive CPNRE™ review program
- Detailed study guide notes derived from many different resources.
- Support is provided throughout the prep program!
- Work at your own pace but remain accountable with check-ins and reports.
- Customized mock exams provided throughout the preparation for continuous evaluation.
- Extensive resources provided – PDFs, reading materials etc.